1. The name shall be “Canara Bank Employees’ Union”. The Registered Office of the Union shall be at Chennai. In the following rules and bye-laws it shall be referred to as “Union”.
2. The objects of the Union shall be
- (a) To foster a spirit of co-operation and comradeship amongst the members of the Union and ensure loyalty to the Bank.
- (b) To secure to the members fair conditions of life and service.
- (c) To redress their grievances
- (d) To prevent any deduction of salaries, wages and allowances and if possible to obtain an advance whenever circumstances permit.
- (e) To endeavour to secure compensation for members in case of accidence, injuries or death sustained while on duty, or acting in interest of employers.
- (f) To endeavour to help the members during any strike brought about to the sanction of the Union or a lock-out.
- (g) To endeavour to obtain information in reference to banking in India and outside.
- (h) To arrange for lectures and debates on banking, mercantile law, economics and other kindred subjects and also on such other subjects which members are interested in.
- (i) To edit and publish if possible, a periodical, voicing amongst other matters, the grievances of employees and containing matters of interest to them for circulation amongst share holders and employees of Canara Bank.
- (j) To acquire, hire, purchase, sell, lease, whole or part of any buildings for the furtherance of the objects of the Union.
- (k) To found, if possible for a benefit of the members, clubs and to organise various facilities for sports and recreation, entertainment etc.
- (l) To encourage thrift and co-operation and to promote co-operative societies for the benefit of members.
- (m) To raise and acquire such money or moneys by subscriptions, levies, donations or loans from members or other persons, as may be determined necessary for the furtherance of the objects of the Union.